Thursday 25 October 2012

Research and planning

Better by Bow wow ft T pain

This music video is an R&B song and has a storyline which is relates to my music video,throughout this music video it sends a message showing a single mother struggling to cope with her child and being around negative people. The song used a variety of shots like long shot, close up, medium shot, establishing shot. i liked how they use the close up on the mother's face to show her emotions and the state she was in. I also liked the way the artist had a different background and was separated from the stotyline because it shows that he is telling the story and that the music video is also selling out the artist.
This relates to my music video because the artist this music video because the storyline quite similar, both music videos have a single parent mother who is struggling to cope. I also liked the fact that they had signs to show what scene was located at for example 'Rico Groceries' I have decided I am going to also use this in my music video,  particulary at the scene where the mother has cancer, I could use the a sign at the hospital which says 'oncology'
The song expresses the feeling of being alone and not  letting people put you down. I chosed this music video to give me ideas of different type of shots I can use. What I really did like  was the black and white which i would like to use for flashbacks in my music video. I also liked the smooth transition from the storyline to the  artist. Also they had signs for a specific area to show where they are setting which was really cool and prevent confusing the viewers.

















Do you think of me by Misha B
I really liked this music video; it had a good beat and energy. The storyline  is about a daughter not seeing her father for a while and don’t understand why he never sees her. They also had a lot of different types of shots such as high angle, low angle, establishing shots and close ups. They used various props like a photo which I am going to also use in my music video to show the good memories of the daughter being young with her father. The setting is base in a house and the artist is singing in the basket ball court and on a roof top which makes the Artist look glamorous and important because you’re also selling out the artist.  They also use flashback of the good times and the relationship the mother and son had which is also what I am going to use but in black and white to show the difference.
















Beneath your beautiful by Labrinth ft Emeli Sande
This music video is very unique and didn’t have a storyline but it still appealed to me because I found the way they had one of the artist on a projector and the other artist playing the piano to show he is singing to her. The song is called beneath your beautiful and the use of having a huge projector of Emeli sande face express where the beauty is. I like the way is they made it look different from other music videos, it went well with the song. This gave me and idea for my music video by using a projector to show the good memories of the son and the mother at the background whilst the artist is singing. This will be a great shot because not only I am selling out the artist, the viewers can understand the story and show the artist relating to the story.











1 comment:

  1. You've identified some interesting aspects of both videos. Now it's time to elaborate on your thoughts and show your deeper analysis. Instead of just naming the different camera angles, tell specifically which parts of the video they are in and then explain why those particular techniques are so effective.

    ReplyDelete