Friday 12 October 2012

What editing techniques do you plan to use in your music video?

  • Black and White
I chose to use black and white in my music video for my flash backs to show what's about to happen. Also the black and white helps change the mood and theme For example because my music video is going to be about a single parent who is living a tough life. The scene which shows the mother is struggling is going to be in black and white to show a depressing mood.
  • Sepia
I may include Sepia in my music video because whilst I was researching other music video which relates to my storyline, they used sepia and it looked really good and made it look realistic. I think it will be useful for the scenes that is going to be setting in the kitchen and the bathroom.
     



















  • Smooth Transition
I am certain I am going to use a lot of smooth transition in my music video to make it look realistic, this will also help me sell out the artist because not only that I have to show a story. I also need to show the artist  is singing in most of the shots, so using smooth transition will help me do this.
  • Jump cut and Graphic match
I am going to use Jump cut for a specific scene which is when the mother is in the hospital  walking towards the door that says oncology, she is going to be filmed in a long corridor therefore I thought the use of having a Jump cut would be a great idea. I am also going to be using a graphic match to show that the artist singing is the little boy. By doing this I am going to film the Artists eyes which will also be a close up and then I am going to shoot the little boy eyes which will show the contrast.













  • Slow motion
I am also going to include slow motion because I feel that this is a good technique to show the mothers emotions. Also we are going to have good memories with the son and mother which will be shown in slow motiom because during my research I have notice that a lot of other music video's use slow motion.




1 comment:

  1. Good list of what editing techniques you used. Now be more specific for a few of them where you forgot to tell us where exactly those techniques were used. Describe the scene and why that technique is effective there.

    ReplyDelete